If you are a visitor reading this blog this week, know that Cup Match is a two-day public holiday that continues into the weekend and is very unique to our special island. We enjoy camping, boating, swimming and most importantly cricket.
As a local or resident you know that every year, before the start of the Cup Match holiday, rival fans can be seen donning their team’s colours – red and navy for Somerset, light blue and dark blue for St. George’s – in preparation for the big event. As tradition dictates, the venue for the game changes yearly as each side takes a turn in hosting Cup Match; this year the honour falls to St. George’s.
Over the holiday it may prove a challenge to obtaining any essentials you may need on the day except for maybe convenience stores and gas stations, and restaurants. So be sure you stock up on your last minute beauty and fashion accessories, as tomorrow is the last day to shop!
At Gibbons Company we have everything you need to survive the Cup Match holiday.
1. Sun protection shades, aka sunglasses.
Blue and blue sunglasses from Mango. Available at Gibbons Company.
2. Cool shorts & flip flops for men.
GAP summer shorts are available.
Comfy GAP flip flops are available in a range of neutral colours.
3. Touch-up makeup and sunscreen for the harsh rays at the game, at the beach and on the boat.
4. A cute clutch bag to hold your essentials.
5. A shady hat.
Keep your head cool in a straw hat that also offers shade.
Men: you always look fly in a hat while staying cool!
6. A fancy mason jar cup with a trusty handle and straw or a chevron striped flask. Drink responsibly!
Carry your beverage of choice in these trendy drink containers.
You can’t beat a mason jar that comes with a handle for gripping and a straw for sipping!
7. A super soft & absorbent beach towel to dry off after jumping off the boat or the dock. Be careful!
8. For the ladies: a sexy body chain to accent your bathing suit.
9. For the travelers: an extra piece of luggage.